May 13, 2009

Care enough to create

I wish I could claim ownership of that title, but I actually read it first on a blog I follow called PR Squared.

The post I'm referring to broke audiences into three categories: Passionates, Influencers and Ad-hocs. The passionate people, according to that post, are the original bloggers, Twitterers, social media marketers and adopters. They are passionate about their subject. They care enough to create.

That phrase sums up what social media means to me. Social media puts the power in our hands. It lets us speak freely about the issues and subjects we feel strongly about. No longer are we simply subject to a mass media agenda--now we create our own agenda.

Social media means we are no longer merely media consumers, we are now producers.

We don't just let stories and opinions wash over us, we create our own stories. We formulate our own opinions. We publish them for all to see.

I love it. Now go create something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

|