Jul 31, 2009

Ashton and his 3 million followers

I just read the news, hot off the presses, that Ashton Kutcher has reached 3 million followers on Twitter.

Kutcher, the former "Dude, Where's My Car" star, is Twitter's most popular user.

Forgive me, but... why?

Why are people flocking to Ashton Kutcher? What is he tweeting that's so dang interesting? (You can see for yourself at Twitter.com/aplusk.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's an interesting guy. There's a lot of interesting people out there. But 3 million? Was "That '70s Show" really that popular?

Maybe he's just riding Demi Moore's coattails. Maybe his step-daughter, Tallulah Belle Willis, is texting all her friends and telling them that Ashton is the coolest.

Whatever the case, congratulations to Ashton Kutcher. You've given hope to obscure, b-list celebrities everywhere. Even if people don't like you in movies, they might still like you in Social Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

|